To ask “what makes content mobile-friendly?” misses the point. Ask instead, “what makes content flexible?” and we address many problems at once.
- Don’t sacrifice content for a new medium.
- Make it usable.
- Prevent (or at least minimize) similar problems in the future.
Factors that influence importance (of content) include:
Moving Forward: the goal is not just to reinvent what you have, but to see it with new eyes.
- Delete the website’s home page.
- Practice repurposing.
- Consider variations of metadata.
- Find elevator pitches.
- Substitute suggestions for instructions in content.